Friday, September 16, 2011

University Commencement Speeches

One of my favourite things to do is to listen to Commencement Speeches given by Inspiring people. I always watch these clips for a dose of inspiration. I'm so envious of the keynote speakers that American Universities get. Some have included Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Maria Shriver, Steve Jobs, Jon Stewart, Oprah.

These speeches are very powerful and inspiring. It's amazing to listen to the speakers share their personal stories and give their advice to the newly graduates.

I have to say, I don't recall who the keynote speaker was at my graduation. All I remember from the ceremony was my 2 seconds on stage to receive my degree. It would have been amazing if we got speakers like the American Universities!!

Here are some of my favourite commencement speeches.

Maria Shriver, Journalist
I can't find the speech that Maria Shriver gave. Her speech has been published in a book called 'Ten Things - I wish I'd Known Before I Went Out into the Real World'. I highly this book to you because she gives real advice and honest accounts of her experiences.


Oprah Winfrey - TV Host, Philanthropist


Steve Jobs, Founder of Apple


Jon Stewart, TV Host, Comedian


Conan O'Brien - TV Host, Comedian


Stephen Colbert - TV Host, Comedian


Michelle Obama, First Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment