Thursday, May 5, 2011

Kung Fu Fighting Flight Attendants






Cabin crews from Hong Kong Airlines are practicing the ancient martial arts - Kung fu. They are made to learn Kung Fu to help build team spirit. Another reason for cabin crews learning kung fu is so they can handle drunk or disturbing passengers.

Wouldn’t it be cool to watch a flight attendant bust out a Jackie Chan move on flight against a bad guy? With their fitted uniforms, attendants would have lots of trouble doing kung fu moves. I question whether they will ever use kung fu while on the plane. I do like the idea of employees learning kung fu for good health.

Eva Chan, deputy general manager of corporate communication discussed an example where kung fu training helped employees. These are her exact words: “Normally, a female cabin crew can’t handle a fat guy, especially if he’s drunk, but because of the training, she can handle it quite easy.”

So...The Kung Fu training helps flight attendants move fat guys. If the girls need to build up strength, they can just do weight training? Learning Kung Fu may be overshooting it.

I was thinking, wouldn’t it be cool to have a kung fu movie set on a plane? Flight attendants will fight horrible passengers and teach them a lesson throughout the flight. It could star Jet Li, Jackie Chan and Maggie Q. One of my favourite Kung Fu movies is ‘Shaolin Soccer’ directed by Stephen Chow. I should pitch this idea to him. I will name this movie ‘Airway Kung Fu’. Wow! I came up with an original movie premise! I'm quite happy with myself today =D

1 comment: