Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Veteran Hong Kong Actor dies 5 times in 5 TV dramas over 24 hours


Hong Kong actors are the most hardworking actors in the world I reckon. Veteran actor Law Lok-Lam, 63, was seen dying 5 times on 5 different TV dramas over 24 hours last week.

Here are the TV shows and how his character was killed off:
Grace Under Fire - Died during martial arts battle
Fate to Fate - Vomited blood
Police Station No. 7 - death was mentioned, no scenes of it
Virtues of harmony - death was mentioned, no scenes of it
Relic of an Emissary - Emperor died of illness

When Hong Kong actors characters are killed off in a TV series, they are given a red envelope with money for good luck. Law got lots of red envelopes for 5 character deaths.

He said in a youtube video posted by TVB (Hong Kong Broadcaster), "When I get a job, I don't care if my character in the drama will die. If he is supposed to die, he should go on and die,"

Some internet postings have reported that his daughter was upset buy his multiple deaths. I guess it would be disturbing if in one day, every channel you flipped to - you saw your father dying in a different way.

Law continues "Why would dying in a drama matter? It's not for real. So my daughter, you shouldn't be unhappy. The most important thing is I've done my job well,"

A TVB spokesman quoted by the Post said: "It was purely a coincidence that Law died five times."

A TVB spokesman quoted by the Post said: "It was purely a coincidence that Law died five times."

No comments:

Post a Comment