Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sandown Tet Festival Weekend (Saturday - 5th Feb 2011)

Happy Tet Everyone!! Hope you are enjoying all the New Year celebrations with your family and friends!

The largest TET festival in Melbourne held @Sandown Racecourse is on this weekend!! I went yesterday with my gal pal Skye and we had a blast!!

What I love about Tet Festivals is the lively and fun atmosphere! There were carnival games, rides, delicious Vietnamese food, exhibitions and Live entertainment!



Singer Y Phuong, entertaining the audience

One of the main attractions @ the festival is the live entertainment show! I thought it was cancelled this year because we couldn't find the stage. However, through the night we found it hidden on the other side of the grounds. Due to the heavy storms on Friday (which caused flooding in many areas in Melbourne), the organisers decided to move the show undercover! Usually the stage is in the main part of the grounds and the audience can sit in the stadium. When we got to the entertainment area we found out the main act was the beautiful Vietnamese singer Y Phuong. She is from Asia Productions. She wore this sparkly gold dress that really lit up the stage. The crowd absolutely love her!! They sung along with her and cheered loudly after every song.



Skye and I went on the carnival ride Skydiver, it looked pretty fun! Small children seemed to love the ride. So we went on, and it was frightening! It spun really fast and started to elevate really high! I was like practically crying! I was so scared and screaming like a maniac! haha. I was pretty disoriented after but it was pretty fun!

Here are pictures of other rides at the Tet festival



I love Tet festival food! This type of food you do not get in Vietnamese restaurants. So at festivals I eat a lot of food!! I was too busy eating and forgot to take photos of the food available! Well the food I ate included bot chien, banh khoc, nuoc mia hahaha mmmm...

Here are some of the cool displays at the TET festival! Quite amazing stuff









The Festival is also held on Sunday 6th February! It's worth checking out!! Have fun and Happy Tet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment