Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Single Lady got Hitched to Herself


There was an interesting story about a Taiwanese woman this week. We all know Beyonce’s huge hit song ‘Single Ladies’. Part of the lyrics go ‘If you like it you better put a ring on it’. Well 30 year old office worker Chen Wei-Yih defied that song and she didn’t need a man to ‘put a ring’ on her hand, she did it herself and MARRIED HERSELF!

She hoped that by marrying herself other people will love themselves and not feel like failures if they were in their thirties and unmarried.

Chen really spoilt herself and planned a wedding for herself! She hired a wedding planner, photographer, banquet hall and sent out wedding invites to 30 of her friends. The wedding costs totalled to $5,700 – a very good price for a wedding! I wonder how much her dress would cost? She is also planning a honeymoon for herself to Australia!

She states that she is not against the traditional marriage, but she wanted to express a different idea within the bounds of tradition. She said “age 30 is a prime period for me. My work and experience are in good shape, but I haven’t found a partner, so what can I do?”

Chen’s marriage to herself has won a lot of supporters online. It was also reported that the ceremony isn’t legal and doesn’t recognise Chen as married. In the future if Chen meets Mr. Right, she will not have to divorce herself to get married. So that is good news for Chen. I can’t imagine how messy it would be for her to divorce herself, oh the legal battles and did she think about a pre-nup? LOLz

This story goes back to what I was talking about before. Self gifting and I think throwing yourself a wedding is a massive self gift! I wish her all the happiness in the world!


Reference: ninemsn

No comments:

Post a Comment