Friday, August 20, 2010

Utada Hikaru taking a break in the Music biz



Utada Hikaru has announced on her website that she will be taking a break from the entertainment business at the end of the year.

Listen to the podcast:
JPOP Princess Utada Hikaru announces break from music 2010 by CherriiPOP

She explained her decision on her website, stating:

"There are some parts inside me that have stopped growing since I began my artist-centered life at age 15, I'm thinking of focusing on 'human activities' by putting my 'flashy' artist activities on hold for a while. I don't know if it will take two years or five years".

She has been touring in the US for the last couple of years trying to crack the US market, like so many successful Asian popstars. She has performed on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. I'm sure her fans will be sad to hear this news and hope that she will return to the music industry in the near future. It was because of Utada's music that I became such a huge fans of her and became exposed to JPOP. She released her debut album 'First Love' at the young age of 15. The title song from that album 'First Love' is the first jpop song I heard and I can sing the song off by heart, even though I don't know Japanese. It's also one of my favourite karaoke songs. Before she takes a break from the industry, her compilation album 'Utada Hikaru Singles Collection Vol 2' will be released. I wish her all the best and I hope she will be back with more awesome music soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment